Bath Radiology Group provides a comprehensive imaging service for the investigation of gynaecological disorders.
Kelly MacDonald, Andrea Phillips and Simon Malthouse have particular expertise in Gyanecological Imaging, including both transabdominal and transvaginal ultrasound scanning of the pelvis, and pelvic CT and MRI. We have close links with those specialist Gynaecologists, Oncologists and Radiotherapists who are involved in the treatment of patients with gynaecological malignancy.
Our service includes:
Pelvic Ultrasound for:
- Pelvic pain
- Post menopausal bleeding
- Causes of uterine enlargement
- Evaluating ovarian masses
MRI scans for:
- Evaluation of endometriosis
- Differentiating adenomyosis from fibroids
- Suspected congenital anomalies
- Fibroid assessment, particularly prior to uterine sparing procedures, such as uterine artery embolization (UAE).
CT scans for:
- Staging gynaecological malignancy
- Detection of persistent and recurrent pelvic tumours.
- Guided biopsies for suspected malignancy
We are always happy to discuss the most appropriate radiological investigation for a given indication with any referring clinician.