Bath Radiology Group provides a comprehensive range of Gastrointestinal (GI),
Hepato-biliary, Genitourinary (GU) and Vascular interventional procedures.
Private interventional radiology requests are dealt with by our three interventional Radiologists, Andrea Phillips (GI, GU, hepatobiliary and vascular access), John Hardman (vascular and GU) and Dominic Fay (vascular, GU, hepatobiliary and gynaecological). Drs Hardman and Fay also perform non-invasive vascular imaging with CT and MR angiography. We have excellent relationships with local clinicians, with whom we liaise closely to organise joint care for patients as necessary, and provide a high quality service.
Bath is the leading centre for EVAR in the South West and has a thriving uterine fibroid embolisation programme.
We offer a wide range of procedures including:
- Vascular access (PICC and Hickman lines)
- Angiography and angioplasty
- Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)
- Uterine fibroid embolisation
- Testicular and ovarian vein embolisation
- Nephrostomy and uretric stent
- Percutaneous renal stone treatment (PCNL)
- Biliary drainage and stenting
- Ultrasound and CT guided liver biopsy
- Transjugular liver biopsy
- Nasogastric and Nasojejunal tube placement
- Radiologically Inserted Gastrostomy (RIG)
- Oesophageal Dilatation
- Upper GI and colonic stenting
The specialist equipment and nursing expertise required means that interventional radiology procedures for private patients are usually performed at the Royal United Hospital, Bath, although patients may then be transferred to the local private hospital of their choice for their aftercare.