The Bath Radiology Group offer a full range of services to diagnose and treat a large variety of musculoskeletal disorders.
We are able to receive referrals direct from GP’s, physiotherapists, specialists and other health care providers. David Glew, Graham Robinson and Richard Graham provide specialist expertise in musculoskeletal radiology. They liaise closely with the Orthopaedic Surgeons and Rheumatologists at the Royal United Hospital, Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Bath Clinic and Circle Bath hospital, and provide musculoskeletal imaging services for Bath Rugby Club and the English Institute of Sport.
Below are the services currently offered and we would be delighted to offer advice as to the most appropriate investigations and treatments.
Musculoskeletal Diagnostic Imaging
- Musculoskeletal MRI and CT
- MR Arthrography
- CT Arthrography
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
Ultrasound, x-ray and CT guided therapeutic and diagnostic injections of Joints:
- Facet joints
Ultrasound, x-ray and CT guided therapeutic and diagnostic injections of:
- Subacromial bursa for shoulder impingement
- Trochanteric bursa for trochanteric bursitis
- Retrocalcaneal bursa for insertional achilles tendinopathy
- Morton’s neuromas
- Plantar fascia
- Ganglion aspirations
- Nerve root blocks
Ultrasound guided therapeutic and diagnostic injections of Tendons:
- Tendon sheaths for tendinopathy e.g. tibialis posterior or peroneal tendons
- Paratenon injections for non-insertional Achilles tendinopathy (high volume stripping)
- Tendon origins e.g. common flexor and extensor origins at the elbow and patella tendon
- Barbotage for calcific tendinosis, dry needling, (+/-) autologous blood injections, for patella tendinosis
We are always happy to discuss the most appropriate radiological investigation for a given indication with any referring clinician.